Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Test #5: Mashed Potatoes

I grew up eating mashed potatoes with just a little bit of melted butter and milk. So my two mashed potatoes tests turned out fine, even better than the original, perhaps slightly plain potatoes I grew up with. The addition of chicken broth really improves the flavor. However, if you grew up with fancy, heavy-cream, and sour cream mashed potatoes with lots of butter, these potato options might not be flavorful enough for you.

I boiled the potatoes in one pot, with some salt, then mashed them with a potato ricer and divided into two bowls. The recipes below list the ingredients I added “to taste” – Sorry no measurements this time!

Mashed potatoes test #1
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Broth
Vegetable Spread (melted)
Soy sour cream
I don’t think the soy sour cream is necessary; hence the second test, although it does make the mashed potatoes creamier.

Mashed Potatoes test #2
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Chicken Broth
Vegetable Spread (melted)

These potatoes might be plainer than some, but I like them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment